- This policy covers how The Walnut Room treats personal information that The Walnut Room collects and receives, including information related to your past use of The Walnut Room products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that The Walnut Room does not own or control, or to people that The Walnut Room does not employ or manage. In addition, certain The Walnut Room associated companies such as Google and Amazon have their own privacy statements which can be viewed by clicking on the links.
Information Collection and Use
- The Walnut Room collects personal information when you register with The Walnut Room, when you use The Walnut Room products or services, when you visit The Walnut Room pages or the pages of certain The Walnut Room partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. The Walnut Room may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code, and musical interests. Once you register with The Walnut Room and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- The Walnut Room automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, The Walnut Room cookie information, and the page you request.
- The Walnut Room uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The Walnut Room does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with The Walnut Room under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help The Walnut Room communicate with you about offers from The Walnut Room and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- The Walnut Room does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- The Walnut Room may set and access The Walnut Room cookies on your computer.
- The Walnut Room lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to The Walnut Room’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your The Walnut Room Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the The Walnut Room service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the The Walnut Room Newsletter, that are considered part of your The Walnut Room account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
The Walnut Room may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your The Walnut Room account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, you can contact us at:
The Walnut Room, Inc.
Effective Date: February 28, 2006